Natural Option for Relief for Effective home remedies for throat infection. It is common to have cough and cold in the changing season between winter and summer. There is a change in the weather due to strong sunlight in the morning and sudden drop in temperature at night, which increases the risk of pain, soreness and infection in the throat.
Table of Contents
What is throat infection
Generally people ignore throat related problems considering them as normal. In such a situation, one has to face problems for a long time. If you or anyone in your house has any throat problem, do not be careless and take it seriously. Prolonged soreness, pain and prickling sensation in the throat can also be signs of some serious diseases, which need to be treated in time.
Throat infection is a common problem. This affects the respiratory system. This may be due to virus, bacteria or allergy. Apart from this, sometimes throat infection occurs due to change in weather and flu.
What causes throat infection
The entry point of our body is the nose and throat. Viruses and bacteria enter the body when breathing in a polluted environment. As soon as the weather becomes cold, the bacteria present inside the body become active.In Ayurveda, its cause is said to be imbalance of Vata, Pitta and Kapha. When phlegm and vata in the body become contaminated, then there is a problem of throat infection. The sooner the symptoms of throat infection are detected, the sooner it can be treated.
Reasons for throat infection
Now let us know what are the reasons for throat infection. Many people eat ice cream and drink cold drinks in winter without caring about their health. Even then, throat problems begin. Apart from this, many other reasons are also responsible.
- Cold & Cough
- Low Immunity
- Virus & Bacteria
- Foods that Kept in Freeze
5 Best Effective home remedies for common throat infections.
- Gargle with salt water: Mix salt in warm water, gargle and rinse. This provides relief from soreness and pain. The right way to gargle. Gargle by adding rock salt or plain salt to a glass of lukewarm water. Take a sip of lukewarm salt water in your mouth, bend your neck back and gargle. While gargling, do not keep water in the mouth for more than ten seconds. Repeat the entire gargle process three to four times. After gargling, do not go directly into open air or AC. Cover the neck well with a cloth.
- Drink hot ginger tea: Hot ginger tea provides relief to the throat. Ginger has the ability to fight bacteria and viruses.
- Apple cider vinegar: Add 2 spoons of apple cider vinegar in hot water and drink it. The acidic properties present in it eliminate the bacteria in the throat.
- Drink turmeric milk at night: Adding one spoon turmeric in hot milk and drinking it will provide relief from pain, swelling and infection. Turmeric has the power to remove infection.
- Tulsi decoction: Make a decoction by mixing 5-7 basil leaves, crushed 4-5 black peppers, a piece of cinnamon and jaggery in two glasses of water. Drink this decoction twice a day. Anti-oxidant and anti-biotic properties are found in basil.
Take these precautions to avoid any kind of infection in the throat.
- Protect yourself from cold weather. Wear warm clothes.
- Include seasonal fruits and vegetables containing Vitamin C in your diet.
- Do not eat or drink cold water or cold things kept in the refrigerator.
- Have dinner 2 hours before sleeping at night. Do not eat cold stale food.
- Be sure to wash hands with soap before eating food.
- Do not eat oily and spicy things from outside.
- Do not consume cold things after hot and hot things after cold.
- Stay away from smoking and alcohol.
Risk of these 4 diseases if there is continuous problem in throat for a long time
- Infection in tonsils: Infection in tonsils can also cause prolonged throat discomfort. In this, there is swelling in the tonsils, due to which there is difficulty in swallowing food. Problems like pain, soreness and prickling sensation in the throat may also occur.
- Throat Cancer: Prolonged pain, prickling, burning and soreness in the throat can be a sign of throat cancer. If these symptoms persist, immediately consult a doctor.
- Acid reflex: Stomach and digestion related problems can also cause throat problems. Due to this, burning sensation, pain, prickling and soreness is felt in the throat. If these symptoms appear, doctor’s advice should be sought without delay.
- Dysphagia: In case of dysphagia, the patient experiences pain in the throat and difficulty in swallowing food. Apart from this, if you experience salivation, strange smell or taste, consult a doctor immediately.
If you have throat related problems, you should immediately consult a doctor.
- Know the How (Holy Basil) Tulsi enhances the Skin Beauty
- Know the best time to drink water for Healthy Life
- Why it is not recommended bathing at Midday or Afternoon
- 5 Usefulness Of Guava Leaves for Hair Growth and Stop Hair Loss
- 8 Foods Should Avoid at Night According to Nutritionist