Pana Sankranti Date, Significance and Puja Bidhi. There are twelve Months and twelve Zodiac Signs with twelve Sankranti in a year.
- Makar Sankranti on 14 January.
- Kumbha Sankranti on 13 February.
- Meena Sankranti on 15 March.
- Mesha Sankranti on 14 April.
- Vrishabha Sankranti on 15 May.
- Mithuna Sankranti on 15 June.
- Karka Sankranti on 16 July.
- Simha Sankranti on 17 August.
- Kanya Sankranti on 17 September
- Tula Sankanti on 17 October
- Vrischika Sankranti on 16 November.
- Dhanu Sankranti on 16 December.
Pana Sankranti, also known as Maha Bishuba Sankranti, is the Odia people’s traditional new-day year’s event in Odisha, India. The event falls on the first day of the traditional solar month of Mesha, which corresponds to the lunar month Baisakha in the solar Odia calendar.
Pana Sankranti’s Importance
This event commemorates the end of an old year and the commencement of a new one. People pray for health and fortune as the New Year ushers in hopes and dreams for a brighter future. Farmers pray for a successful harvest and plentiful rainfall at the same time.
Worship method of on Pana Sankranti
- Get up early in the morning and take bath in holy river or Mix some ganga water and take bath.
- Red colored clothes are worn after taking bath on this day.
- Prepare a copper pot is filled with water and mixed with sandalwood, a little kumkum and leaves of red flowers or roses.
- By filling water in a copper vessel facing the east direction, with both hands, slowly a stream of water is made by lifting the pot above your head. In this way 7 times people are offered to the sun god.
- By doing this the accumulated water is put in the root of a potted plant or tree.
- Gayatri Mantra is chanted while offering water to the Sun God.
- Do some donation of wheat, jaggery and silver to the poor and needy on the day of Aries Sankranti is considered auspicious.
- Worshiping the sun god on the day of Aries Sankranti removes all kinds of diseases.
Importance of donation on Pana Sankranti
- Food and drink items are donated to the poor and needy.
- Donation of clothes and shoes slippers is also done on this day.
- Feeding green grass to the cow on the day.
- Things related to the sun like copper utensils, red clothes, wheat, jaggery, donation of red sandalwood etc. is done.
Pana Sankranti Date (2022)
- Aries Sankranti date will be on Thursday, April 14, 2022.
- Tithi will start on April 14, 2022 at 5:57 minutes.
- Tithi will end on 14th April 2022 at 13:12 minutes.
- What is Nirmalya.
- What is Chappan Bhog.
- Beauty of Harishankar peeth.
- Benefits of Suryanamaskar mantra.
- Why we Offer Water to God during puja.
- Benefit of Chanting Mantras 108 times.
- Who will be the father.
If you liked our post, please subscribe, Share and Comment our page to stay with us.
Have a good day. God Bless You.