Table of Contents
Holidays, Observances of Special Day & National Day on August 6
Find out about important past events, festivals, funny, weird, national days, special days & Holidays happening around the world in different countries on this day
- 218th day of the Gregorian Calendar
- Western Zodiac- Leo
- Hiroshima Memorial Day- Japan
- Cycle to Work Day
- National Fresh Breath Day
- International Sailor Moon Day
- Independence Day- Bolivia, Jamaica
- National Root Beer Float Day
- Farm Worker Appreciation Day
- Celebrations of San Salvador- El Salvador
Past events and historical events on August 6
- 2008-6th coup in the North African country Mauritania.
- 2007-Six miners are trapped and lost when a mine at Crandel Canyon, Utah collapse
- 1997-Microsoft buys a minority stake in struggling Apple Computers for $150 million.
- 1965-Voting Rights Act Becomes Law in the United States.
- 1962-The Caribbean island country Jamaican Independence by leaving the Federation of the West Indies.
- 1945-US Bombs Hiroshima, over 150,000 people were estimated killed by the resulting explosion.
- 1926-An American Olympic swimmer Gertrude Ederle, First Woman to Swim Across the English Channel
Famous Personalities & Celebrities Birthday on August 6
Famous Celebrities birthdays on 6th August– David Robinson, Ella Jenkins, Leslie Odom Jr., Michelle Yeoh, Vera Farmiga, Vishal Bharadwaj, Cyrus Sahukar, Aditya Narayan, Bhawani Bashir Yasir, Dipika Kakar.
- 1983-Robin van Persie -Dutch footballer
- 1973-Vera Farmiga-American actor and producer
- 1962-Michelle Yeoh Choo-Kheng, better known as Michelle Yeoh-Malaysian actress, model and producer
- 1928-Andy Warhol -American artist
- 1917-Robert Mitchum-prolific American actor.
- 1911-Lucille Ball -American actress
- 1881-Alexander Fleming -Scottish scientist, Nobel Prize laureate
- 1809-Alfred, Lord Tennyson -English poet
FAQ / People Also
1. Which Day is 6th August 2023?
- 6th August is Sunday
- 218th day of the Gregorian calendar
- Western Zodiac- Leo
2. Special Day on August 6?
- Hirosima Day – The 6th of August is designated as Hiroshima Day each year. Today marks the detonation of the atomic bomb over the Japanese city of Hiroshima. The first bomb was dropped on the centre of Hiroshima on August 6, 1945, at 8:15. The “Little Boy” fission bomb fired one sub-critical mass of uranium into another using a conventional explosive charge. Despite never having been tested previously, the scientists were convinced that this device would function.
- August 5– National Days, Birthday & Major Past Events
- August 7– National Days, Birthday & Major Past Events
Please comment and share Subscribe so that we will bring you more such articles in the future. Thank you. Have a good day. Stay Safe & Healthy. God Bless you.