June 17 2023 is Saturday. Holidays & Observances, National and Special Days, Major Past Events, Zodiac Sign, Birthday of Celebrity & famous personalities on this date.
Table of Contents
Holidays, Observances of Special Day & National Day on June 17
Find out about events, festivals, funny, weird, and national days happening around the world on this day.
- 168th day of the Gregorian Calendar
- Western Zodiac – Gemini
- National Apple Strudel Day
- Anniversary of the Popular Uprising in the GDR- Germany
- National Eat Your Vegetables Day
- Icelandic Republic Day- Iceland
- Global Garbage Man Day
- World Tessellation Day
- Bunker Hill Day- USA
Past events and historical events on June 17
- 1994-Iceland gained independence from Denmark.
- 1972-The Watergate controversy begins with the arrest of five White House operatives.
- 1961- India’s first jet, the Hal HF-24, begins its maritime flight.
- 1944-Iceland becomes a republic.
- 1940-The three Baltic states are occupied by the Soviet Union.
- 1940- A German ship sinks a British ship during World War II, killing 3,000 people.
- 1928-Amelia Earhart became the first woman to fly across the Atlantic Ocean.
- 1917- Gandhiji and Kasturi live in the heart of the Sabarmati Ashram.
- 1885-The Statue of Liberty unveiled in New York
Famous Personalities & Celebrities Birthday on June 17
- 1987-Kendrick Lamar-American Rapper
- 1986-Marie Avgeropoulos-Canadian Actress
- 1980-Venus Williams-American tennis player
- 1945-Ken Livingstone-British politician
- 1945-Eddy Merckx-Belgian cyclist
- 1943-Barry Manilow-American Grammy-winning artist
- 1898-M. C. Escher-Dutch illustrator
- 1882-Igor Stravinsky-Russian composer
FAQ / People Also Ask
1. Which Day is 17th June 2023?
- 17th June is Saturday
- 168th day of the Gregorian calendar
- Western Zodiac- Gemini
2. Special Day on June 17?
- Bunker Hill Day is a holiday in the U.S. state of Massachusetts. It is held every year on June 17 to remember the Battle of Bunker Hill, which happened on that date in 1775 during the American Revolutionary War.
- Icelanders celebrate their freedom from Denmark on June 17, which is their national day. There is a lot of national pride in the country, and celebrations can be found in every town.
- June 16– National Days, Birthday & Major Past Events
- June 18– National Days, Birthday & Major Past Events
Please comment and share Subscribe so that we will bring you more such articles in the future. Thank you. Have a good day. Stay Safe & Healthy. God Bless you.