However, we must be clear that when a child refuses to eat very little of any food or has only a few preferred items that they are willing to consume, we are dealing with a serious problem. They are
- Pediatric Feeding Disorder (PFD)-Pediatric Feeding Disorder is a diagnosis given to children who do not have adequate nutrition for their age, which could mean a child is still eating pureed foods or only drinking from a bottle/nursing past the age of one year, eats few or no fruits/vegetables/protein sources, or eats only soft or crunchy foods.
- Avoidant Restrictive Food Intake Disorder or anxiety(ARFID)-An eating disorder is avoidant/restrictive food intake disorder (ARFID). ARFID children are extremely selective eaters who show little interest in food. They eat a narrow selection of preferred meals, which can result in stunted growth and nutritional deficiencies.
Reasons why children is not willing to eat.
- The fairly common issues in children can cause them to stop eating- Acid reflux is common in kids and acid reflux in children.
- It’s possible that childreen are freaking out about the texture, flavour, or scent of the food.
- Ability to chew and Oral-Motor Skills.
- Lack of Routine and the typical picky eating phase
- Anxiety that refuse to eat.
Some Signs that Kids or Child refuses to eat
- Eats few or no fruits/vegetables/protein sources,
- Eats only soft or crunchy foods.
- Consuming only little amounts of food.
- Eating pureed foods or only drinking from a bottle/nursing .
- Dry or abrasive textures are difficult to swallow.
- Removing a favourite food, such as milk, yoghurt, or eggs
- Interested in liquids and not solid stuff.
- Chewing food and holding it in their cheeks (pocketing food).
- Spitting out food that hasn’t been fully chewed
- Accidentally, food spills out of the mouth.
- They are unable to remove food or crumbs from their lips or mouth corners with their tongue or lips.
- Throwing up food that appears to have been hardly chewed.
- A history of nursing difficulties.
Easy steps for make your kids and Children to eat eagerly.
- Prepare a schedule to eat with an interval of 2 and 1/2 hours to 3 hours. Water must intake during the interval.
- Be ready or make all set before feeding or eating.
- Keep the meal in between 10-30 minutes. 30 Minutes maximum.
- To make Seat comfortably.
- Sensory activities before meal to make calm and focused.
- Use a prayer, Song or music to start a meal.
- Use Senseez Pillow, Weighted pillow, Wobble cushion for give sensory input during meal.
- Be consistent and persistent for quicker success.
- Average Weight of a baby and growth chart for babies, toddlers, and kids.
- Health tips on gastric problem.
- Health tips on Hypertension.
- Food that causes acidity.
- Benefits of eating sago.
- 22 Rules of staying healthy.
- Get rid of Constipation problem.
- Home remedies on Thyroid disease.
- Tips for healthy kidney.
- Health tips on cardamom.
If you liked our article, you can comment on it in the comments box below and also share this post with your friends and relatives.
Please Subscribe so that we will bring you more such articles in the future. Thank you.
Have a good day. God Bless You.