Radhastami is a Hindu religious day celebrated eighth day of the bright half of the lunar month of Bhadrapada. There are different opinions regarding the appearance of Goddess Radha. Radhastami commemorated as the birth anniversary of the goddess Radha who is the chief consort of the god Krishna.This festival is eagerly awaited by many devotees, as it is a momentous event. Radha’s purpose is to fortify love in the universe.This festival is eagerly awaited by devotees.
Table of Contents
Radhastami Vrat Bidhi
Devotees observe Radhastami Vrat by fasting and worshiping Lord Radhakrishna. It is believed that if you do not worship Sri Krishna with Sri Radha, the worship is incomplete. According to them, the means of attaining Sri Krishna devotion is the praise and worship of Sri Radha. That is why it is said in the Vaishnava scriptures that he who is Radha is Krishna with one spirit.
- Devotees wake up early in the Morning i.e. Brahm Muhurat and take a holy bath
- Before starting puja rituals, Clean Puja Room.
- Take an idol of Radha Krishna and give bath from panchamrit, holy water or Gangajal
4. Decorate and Offer the idols with flowers like : Lotus, Rose, Jasmine. Mata Radha’s favourite flower is jasmine.
- Put on new clothes, jewellery to the idol.
- Place them on a plank and light a diya with desi ghee and incense sticks.
- Offer bhog prasad, fruits and sweets.
- Offer shringaar items Chadan, Sindur, Bangles, Perfume to Goddess Maa Radha Rani and seek blessings.
- Recite mantras and hymns and chant Aarti.
- Chant Radha Gayatri Mantra on this day for the blessing.
- Visit nearerst Radhakrushna temple and offer prayers.
- Fasting Devotees can break their fast in the evening after offering bhog prasad to the Goddess.
- Distribute the bhog prasad among family members, relatives and friends.
- On this Tithi, the devotees bath the idol of Sri Radhakrishna in Panchamrita, put on new clothes and sit in the seat.
- Radhastami is the main festival of Vaishnavism. Observance of Radhastami Vrat removes all sins and brings good health to the children.
Radhastami 2023 Time
- Ashtami Tithi Begins – September 22, 2023 – 01:35 PM
- Ashtami Tithi Ends – September 23, 2023 – 12:17 PM
Mantra to chanted on Radhastami
1. Om Hreem Radhikaye Namah..!!
2. Om Hreem Shreem Radhikaye Namah..!!
Khudurukuni -Bhalukuni Osha, Maa Mangala Osha and Vrat Katha and Budhei Osha