October 8 2023 is Sunday. Holidays & Observances, National and Special Days, Major Past Events, Zodiac Sign, Birthday of Celebrity & famous personalities on this date
Table of Contents
Holidays, Observances of Special Day & National Day on October 8
Find out about important past events, festivals, funny, weird, national days, special days & Holidays happening around the world in different countries on this day
National days on Sun Oct 8th, 2023
- 281st day of the year in the Gregorian calendar
- Western Zodiac- Libra
- Grandparents’ Day- Germany
- World Octopus Day
- Indian Air Force Day
- National Pierogi Day
- Chicago Marathon- USA
- International Podiatry Day
- American Touch Tag Day
- Battle of Angamos- Peru
- Day of the Croatian Parliament- Croatia
- Alvin C. York Day
Past events and historical events on October 8
- 1956-The first perfect game in Major League Baseball World Series.
- 1948-World’s first internal pacemaker implanted which worked only for a few hours.
- 1919-World’s first transcontinental air race where111 airplaces took part in this 5400-mile round-trip race.
- 1912-First Balkan war begins and the 7-month long war ended with a decisive Balkan League victory.
- 1871-Great Chicago fire begins in a barn on the evening of October 8, 1871 which raged for 2 days killing over 300 people and destroyed property worth millions of dollars.
- 1860-Telegraph line launched between L&SF.
- 1856-The Second Opium War began between the British and China.
- 1769-Captain Cook stepped into New Zealand.
Famous Personalities & Celebrities Birthday on October 8
Famous Celebrities birthdays on 8th October–
- 2004-Monsanto’s patent on Indian wheat revoked.
- 1985-Bruno Mars-American singer-songwriter, producer, actor
- 1983-Abhishek Nayar-Indian Cricketer
- 1981-Mona Singh-Indian Actress
- 1980-Rajesh Sharma-Indian Politician
- 1970-Matt Damon-American actor, screenwriter, producer
- 1943-Chevy Chase-American comedian, actor
- 1939-Harvey Pekar-American author
- 1932-Indian Air Force was established. It was then formed as an auxiliary air force of the British Raj.
- 1926-Raaj Kumar-Indian Actor
- 1924-Thirunalloor Karunakaran-Indian Poet
- 1911-Ram Dass Katari-Indian Naval Chief
- 1895-Juan Peron-Argentine military officer, politician, 29th President of Argentina
FAQ / People Also
1. Which Day is 8th October 2023?
- 8th October is Sunday
- 281st day of the Gregorian calendar
- Western Zodiac- Libra
2. Special Day on October 8
- International Podiatry Day is observed annually on October 8 which was inaugurated by the International Federation of Podiatrists to spread awareness about the importance of foot health and to improve their patients’ lower limb mobility, independence
- October 7– National Days, Birthday & Major Past Events
- October 9– National Days, Birthday & Major Past Events
Please comment and share Subscribe so that we will bring you more such articles in the future. Thank you. Have a good day. Stay Safe & Healthy. God Bless you.