Since May 2014, politician Narendra Damodardas Modi has led India as its 14th prime minister. From 2001 to 2014, Modi served as Gujarat’s chief minister. He is currently Varanasi’s member of parliament.
- Full name – Narendra Damodardas Modi
- Born – 17th September 1950 at Vadnagar (Bombay State-Then, Gujarat Now)
- Age– 73 Years.
- Parents – Damodardas Mulchand Modi (Father), Heeraben Modi (Mother)
- Spouse – Jashodaben Modi (Married in 1968).
- Education – When Modi was 8 years old, he was first introduced to the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS). Modi completed his higher secondary education in Vadnagar in 1967. Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree in political science from the School of Open Learning at the Delhi University in 1978, Master of Arts (MA) degree in political science from Gujarat University in 1983.
Narendra Modi Political career
- 1978– RSS sambhag pracharak (regional organiser).
- 1979-He went for Delhi and returned to Gujarat in 1985.
- 1987-Modi helped organise the BJP’s campaign to win in the Ahmedabad municipal election and elected organising secretary of the BJP’s Gujarat.
- 1990-Member of its National Election Committee. Modi took a brief break from politics in 1992 and eturned to electoral politics in 1994.
- 1995-Modi was appointed BJP national secretary and transferred to New Delhi.
- 1998-Modi was promoted to BJP general secretary (organisation).
- 2001-2014- Sworn as CM of Gujarat (07th October 2001 to 22nd May 2014)
- 2014-2023-Sworn as PM of India (24th May 2001 to till date)
Read also ..