According to Hinduism, there is believed that nine chiranjivi or immortals remain alive on Earth until the end of the current Kali Yuga. They achieved amaratva, which refers to true immortality. Nine legendary figures in the Hindu Puranas and epic are described in the the Ramayana and the Mahabharata also.
Chiranjivi or Immortals in Hinduism
- Hanuman – One of the greatest brahmachari and most devoted Vanara who worshiped Lord Rama.
- Markandeya – He is an ancient rishi born in the clan of Sage Bhrigu. The eponymous Markandeya Purana is written by him.
- Vibhishana – Ravana’s brother. After Lord Rama killed Ravana, he was later made King of Lanka.
- Ashwatthama – The son of Drona and is the avatar of one of the eleven Rudras.
- Vyasa – The Mahabharata was written by the Sage Vyasa. He is also the great-grandson of the sage Vashishtha and the son of sage Parashara and Satyavati. He was born towards the end of Dvapara Yuga.
- Jambavan -The bear king in the Ramayan who made Hanuman realise his power. His daughter Jambavati was married to Krishna.
- Parashurama – Lord Vishnu’s sixth incarnation is known as Parashurama. He possesses a comprehensive understanding of all astras, shastras, and heavenly weapons.
- Mahabali – The leader of the asuras, he is still respected in Kerala today. Banasura was his son.
- Kripa – In the Mahabharat, he was the royal guru of the princes.
- Why Aalti or Arati & incense are circled during Puja
- Chant Daily Ganesh Powerful Mantra For Success in Life
- How can Blessing of Goddess Lakshmi always be upon you
- Ananta Yug know more about.
- Puspanjali Mantra, Bidhi and Benefits.
- Guru Bandana: Importance of a Satguru in every life.
- Purna Kalasha Sthapana: Bidhi & Benefits.
- Relationship between the Living Being and Supreme God.
- Benefits of Suryanamaskar mantra.
- Why we Offer Water to God during puja.
- Benefit of Chanting Mantras 108 times
- 5 Divine Benefits of Baruni Bath on Baitarani River
- Significance of Baitrani River and Baruni bath
- Dola Purnima & Holi 2023 HD Images & Wallpapers
- Powerful Mantra of Guru Bandana on Guru Purnima
- Maa Saraswati Powerful Bandanda for Knowledge & Wisdom
- 10 Inspirational Words of Swami Vivekananda for Success
- What is the Meaning of Lion on Elephant Statue in Temple
- Main Reason Behind Why Indian Women Don’t Prostrate on Sastang
Please comment and share Subscribe so that we will bring you more such articles in the future. Thank you. Have a good day. Stay Safe & Healthy. God Bless you.