Marriage and Family Therapy Programs assist families and couples enhance their relationships as they grow and evolve. Let us know the details.
What is Couple and Family Therapy Programme
- Marriage and Family Therapy Programme is a branch of psychology and clinical social work that focus and helps families and marriage couples in strengthening the relationships with grow and change
- It tends to view change in terms of the systems of interaction between family members.
- Most of the time, this is done by having the family members take part in the therapy session.
- So, a family therapist needs to be able to steer conversations in a way that brings out the strengths, wisdom, and support of the whole system.
- In the beginning of the field, most clinicians thought of a family as being made up of parents and their children.
- The profession now defines family as highly supportive, long-term roles and interactions between individuals who may or may not be related by blood or marriage.
- Family therapists, particularly family systems theorists, have extended their conceptual frameworks to organisational dynamics and greatness research.
History Marriage and Family Therapy Programme
- Previously formal interventions were done by Chief, Priest and Physician.
- The social work movements of the 19th century in the United Kingdom and the United States may have been the start of family therapy as a separate profession in Western cultures.
- The American Association of Marriage Counselors founded family therapy in 1942.
- From the beginning of the 1950s on, the work of anthropologists gave the movement a big boost.
- By the middle of the 1960s, there were several different types of family therapy.
- Network therapy began to be used in the late 1960s and early 1970s.
- By the late 1970s, clinical experience, particularly in treating major mental diseases, had led to certain model revisions and a softening of some of the earlier stridency and theoretical purism.
- From the mid-1980s to the present, the area has seen a variety of approaches that partly mirror the founding schools but also draw on individual psychotherapy theories and practises.
- 7 ways to Successful Married Life
- 10 Keys to a Happy Marriage Life to be successful
- Why does God give pain & sorrow to good people only
- Why the Cost of time is the precious things of One’s life
- Guru Bandana: Importance of a Satguru in every life
- Relationship between the Living Being and Supreme God
- Who will be the father
If you liked our post, please subscribe, Share and Comment our page to stay with us.
Have a good day. God Bless You.