Maa Charchika Temple is one of the oldest shakti places located in Banki of Cuttack district, Odisha. It is one of Odisha’s most famous Shakti Shrines.
Maa Charchika is worshipped as Chamunda with the eight-armed goddess. She wears a garland of human skulls and sits atop a prostrate human body with her four right hands. She depicts khadga, shula, katari and varadamudra whereas in her four left hands with also severed head, blood-cup, “damru,” and a finger of the remaining hand saturated in blood.
Details of Maa Charchika Temple
Parashurama is said to have developed the Charchika. A wooden mandapa known as the “sunyavahini mandapa” can be found at the temple. This temple dates from the 9th to 10th centuries but was rebuilt in the 19th century. The mandapa’s ceiling is built of wood, while the pillars are made of stone. The mandpa’s hardwood ceiling is adorned with scenes from the Bhagavata Purana.
The temple receives the greatest visitors during Durga Puja, a Hindu holiday held in October, when thousands of devotees flock to be blessed. Kumar Purnima, a Hindu festival held five days after Dusshera, is well-known in this region.
How to reach
- By Air-Nearest Airport is Bhubaneswar Airport- 55Km via Khordha.
- By Train-Nearest Railway Stations are Cuttack- 50Km and Bhubaneswar- 60Km
- On Road-Regular Bus services are available to Banki from Cuttack.
- Sri Biranchinarayan Temple, Palia, Bhadrak.
- Chandan Yatra 2022 in Puri Sri Jagannath Temple
- Four Gates of Sri Jagannath Temple, Odisha
- Chausathi Yogini Temple, Hirapur, Bhubaneswar
- Budhha Purnima Date & Significane of the Festival
- God Narsingh HD images for Android/iphone/Desktop
- Maa Bhadrakali Temple, Divine Beshas & HD Photos
- Maa Dhamarai Temple, Dhamara, Bhadrak
- Baba Akhandalamani Temple, Aradi, Bhadrak, HD Photos
- List of Tourist, Picnic, Beautiful Places in Bhadrak District
- Jagannath Temple Old & Very Rare HD Photos
- Kakatpur Maa Mangala HD Photo
- Maa Charchika: Chamunda with the eight-armed goddess.
- Harishankar Peeth: Beauty, Scenic Streaming Rock Gandhamardhan Hill
- Maa Samaleswari
- Maa Batamangala
- Palada Maa Mangala Photo
If you liked our post share, comment and subscribe our page to stay with us.
Have a good day. God Bless You.
2 thoughts on “Maa Charchika Temple, Banki, Cuttack District”
Very nice…… Maa????