The name of this celebration is Khudurukuni or Khuda-rankuni. It denotes a young woman pleading for food. Unmarried girls mark this holiday. For the wealth, prosperity, and safety of their brother, they perform puja and fast. This puja is performed each Sunday throughout the Bhadraba month. The girls perform “Balunka puja” in the morning. In the morning they worship a sand idol they made, and in the evening they worship Maa Khudurukuni’s idol and sing the Khudurukuni song. In the evening, girls from the same neighbourhood or friends get together and prepare for this puja. Odia Book Khudurukuni Osha in PDF
Table of Contents
Story Behind Khudurukuni Osha
The background behind this festival is that Tapoyi, a girl, had seven brothers. She was the smallest. She also had 7 in-law sisters. Being the only girl in the family, she received far too much pampering. But after her mother and father passed away, everything changed for her. Her brothers then left the house to conduct business and trade, leaving her with her in-law sisters. Following this, she was severely tormented by her seven in-law sisters and was denied nourishment. Only her newest sister-in-law showed her kindness. This went on until Tapoyi began to idolise Maa Mangala in order to get her brothers to return. since there was no indication of them 12 years before they vanished.
Tapoyi prayed to Maa Mangala for the safety of her brothers out of concern for them. After that, her brother visited and disciplined her six sisters-in-law while still taking care of her. Everyone eventually learned that Tapoyi was an angel who had been born on earth as Tapoyi. As a result of their regret, Tapoyi is now revered as Khudurukuni. To this day, females worship by praying for their brother’s prosperity in a similar manner to how she performed puja for her brother to return.
Khudurukuni Osha 2023 Date
- 1st – 3th September(Sunday)-Start
- 2nd – 10th September (Sunday)
- 3rd – 17th September (Sunday)
- 4th -24th September (Sunday) – End
Khudurukuni Osha 2022 Date
- 1st – 14th August (Sunday)-Start
- 2nd – 21st August (Sunday)
- 3rd – 28th August (Sunday)
- 4th -4th September (Sunday) – End
Khudurunukuni Osha Book Pdf
- Chant Daily Ganesh Powerful Mantra For Success in Life
- Devasnana Purnima Ceremony Old Unseen HD Photos
- Chariot Preparation for World Famous Puri Ratha Yatra 2022
- How can Blessing of Goddess Lakshmi always be upon you
- More Unknown Facts on Akshaya Tritiya
- Ananta Yug know more about.
- Puspanjali Mantra, Bidhi and Benefits.
- Guru Bandana: Importance of a Satguru in every life.
- Purna Kalasha Sthapana: Bidhi & Benefits.
- Pana Sankranti Date, Significance and Puja Bidhi.
- Hanuman Jayanti: Solution to all problems in life.
- Relationship between the Living Being and Supreme God.
- What is Chappan Bhog.
- Benefits of Suryanamaskar mantra.
- Why we Offer Water to God during puja.
- Benefit of Chanting Mantras 108 times..
If you liked our post, please subscribe, Share and Comment our page to stay with us.
Have a good day. God Bless You.