August 17 2022 is Wednesday. Here you can get Past events and historical events on August 17. Which day is celebrated on August 17. Holidays & Observances on August 17. National and Special Days. News Headlines, Current affairs on 17th August on 2022. Explore Worldwide Events, Zodiac Sign, Birthday of Celebrity & famous personalities and much more on this date.
Current Affairs- Today’s Headlines: August 17, 2022
- Dharmendra Pradhan, the minister of education, encourages citizens to take part in the citizen survey for the national curriculum framework.
- Rajnath Singh, the defence minister, virtually addresses the Moscow Conference on International Security in 2022.
- To lower infant mortality, the centre launched the Paalan 1000 National Campaign.
- Pema Khandu, chief minister of Arunachal Pradesh, introduces the pilot “Medicine from The Sky” drone service project.
- J&K: A militant attack at Shopian results in the death of a Kashmiri Pandit.
- J&K: A bus accident on the Chandanwari-Pahalgam route claimed the lives of 4 ITBP soldiers.
ECONOMY & CORPORATE
- For greater industrial and research institute engagement, the government has unveiled the Manthan platform.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh presents the Army with technologies and equipment that were produced domestically, including the “Future Infantry Soldier as a System” and the “Nipun” next-generation anti-personnel mine.
- The National Health Authority has announced the allocation of performance-based funds to the states and UTs for the improvement of healthcare facility and professional registries.
- At 13.93% in July, wholesale price inflation eased to its lowest level in five months.
- In Bengaluru, SBI opens its first branch solely for the support of startups.
WORLD & SPORTS
- William Ruto, the country’s vice president, was elected president.
- According to Ranil Wickremesinghe, president of Sri Lanka, China is not permitted to use Hambantota Port for military operations.
- India makes a voluntary trust fund contribution of $4 lakh to promote UN human rights.
Holidays, Observances, Special Day & National Day on August 17
- 229th day of the year in the Gregorian calendar
- Western Zodiac- Leo
- National Thrift Shop Day
- National Black Cat Appreciation Day
- National Vanilla Custard Day
- National Marilyn Day – Marilyn is one of the most iconic names in history
- National Medical Dosimetrist Day – August 17, 2022 (Third Wednesday in August)
17th August Holidays on This Day
- Janmastami -India
- Flag Day- Bolivia
- Independence Day- Gabon
- Indonesian Independence Day- Indonesia
- Slovenians in Prekmurje Incorporated into the Mother Nation Day- Slovenia
August 17 Birthday on this day
- Austin Butler
- Helen McCrory
- 1960 Sean Penn-American actor, director
- 1949 Norm Coleman-American politician
- 1943 Robert De Niro-American actor
- 1911 Mikhail Botvinnik-Russian chess player
- 1786 Davy Crockett-American soldier, politician
- 1963 -S. Shankar- Indian film director
- 1993-Nidhhi Agerwal -Indian actress
- 1987 -Shraddha Arya- Indian actress
17th August Deaths On This Day
- 1988 Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq-Pakistani politician, 6th President of Pakistan
- 1935 Charlotte Perkins Gilman-American sociologist, novelist
- 1880 Ole Bull-Norwegian violinist, composer
- 1850 Jose de San Martín-Argentinian general, politician, 1st President of Peru
- 1786 Frederick the Great-Prussian king
Past and Historical Events & News in English on August 17
- 2008 The Olympic Games saw Michael Phelps win his eighth gold medal.
- 1978 Maxie Anderson, Larry Newman, and Ben Abruzzo are the first people to successfully accomplish the first transatlantic balloon flight.
- Soviet Union launches the Venera 7 in 1970.
- Gabon becomes independent from France in 1960.
- Past and Historical events on 18th August
- Past and Historical events on 16th August
If you liked our article, you can comment on it in the comments box below and also share this post with your friends and relatives.
Please Subscribe so that we will bring you more such articles in the future. Thank you.
Have a good day. Stay Safe & Healthy. God Bless you.