Table of Contents
Holidays, Observances of Special Day & National Day on May 26
- 146th day of the Gregorian Calendar
- Western Zodiac – Gemini
- National Blueberry Cheesecake Day
- Bermuda Day- Bermuda
- World Dracula Day
- Bridge Public Holiday- Argentina
- National Paper Airplane Day
- Day off for The Battle of Pichincha- Ecuador
- World Lindy Hop Day
- First Day of Shavuot- Germany
Past events and historical events on May 26
- 2014- Narendra Modi is sworn in as the 15th Prime Minister of the country.
- 1989-The Danish government has approved same-sex marriage. 161 – A Thai plane crashes into the air, killing 223 passengers
- 1972 The Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty is signed by the Soviet Union and the United States.
- 1971- During the Bangla Liberation Movement, 41 Hindus were brutally killed by the Pak army in Burunga.
- 1970- The world’s first aircraft, the Russian “Tuplev Tu-18”, passes the MK2-2 speed (double the speed).
- 1969- The return of the American vehicle “Apollo-10” after a test run before the first lunar eclipse of man.
- 1966-The independence of British Guinea
- 1923-The first 24 Hours of Le Mans takes place.
- 1908-Engineers discover the first big oil field in the Middle East.
- 1896-The Dow Jones Industrial Average is published for the first time.
Famous Personalities & Celebrities Birthday on May 26
- 1975-Lauryn Hill-American producer, actress, singer-songwriter
- 1966-Helena Bonham Carter- English actress
- 1964-Lenny Kravitz-American producer, actor, singer-songwriter, guitarist
- 1949-Pam Grier-American actress
- 1948-Stevie Nicks-British-American songwriter and vocalist
- 1926-Miles Davis-American bandleader, trumpet player, composer
- 1907-John Wayne-American producer, actor, director
- 1886-Al Jolson-Lithuanian/American actor, singer
FAQ / People Also Ask
1. Which Day is 26th May 2023?
- 26th May is Friday
- 146th day of the Gregorian calendar
- Western Zodiac- Gemini
2. Special Day on May 26?
- Every year on May 26, World Dracula Day is held. The international holiday remembers the day that Bram Stoker’s famous book “Dracula,” which came out on May 26, 1897, was released.
- On World Lindy Hop Day, people celebrate the dance that started in Harlem, New York City, in the 1920s and 1930s. The Lindy Hop is also known as the jitterbug. Some people think that Frankie Manning was one of the first people to dance in this style.
- May 25– National Days, Birthday & Major Past Events
- May 27– National Days, Birthday & Major Past Events
Please comment and share Subscribe so that we will bring you more such articles in the future. Thank you. Have a good day. Stay Safe & Healthy. God Bless you.